June 26, 2011

Saturday Snippets

Whoops, it's after midnight.  Just ignore that time stamp above. :)

I checked out plexiglass at Lowe's today. It comes in some strange sizes but I found out they will cut it for free. Home Depot doesn't cut their plexiglass at all. I needed to check on this because the SVWS prefers watercolors be framed with plexiglass, as do a lot of shows. The SVWS show will run from October 1 to December 1 this year and I want any entry I have in it to be properly framed. I'm trying to figure out if I can do my own framing instead of paying a pro to do it. Art Supply Warehouse has some standard sized frames that come with plexiglass already so I want to compare costs.

I went to a big yard sale looking for still life subjects but didn't see anything that wowed me. I also spent time transferring pictures I took in the last couple of months from our old computer to the new one and putting copies of pictures that I can use as art making references and Zazzle fodder into appropriate folders.

Tomorrow I plan to go to a medieval fair where I hope to take lots more reference pictures.

Next to create some new art!

No comments:

Post a Comment