September 30, 2013

Another Face

Well, folks, here is another face for the 29 Faces Sept. 2013 challenge (see the face at the right for more info or to view other entries).  This face was one I hoped to finish during the last 29 Faces challenge in February 2013 and I posted the unfinished face as an entry then here.

I finally got around to finishing the piece earlier tonight.  It is an ACEO (2.5 by 3.5 inches) done with Prismacolor Verithin colored pencils on 100 pound smooth Bristol board paper.  I had to darken the original scan in Paint Shop Pro because my scanner had trouble picking up the blue (the face area is actually a very light blue) and still couldn't get a completely accurate representation.  The lightest areas are the pure white of the Bristol paper.

"Water Elemental"

The original art was scanned at 300 dpi.  The version above is 100 dpi.  Again, click on the picture for a larger view and I hope you enjoy looking at my newest face.

1 comment: