July 04, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!

Happy Fourth of July, everyone! In this area, though, a lot of Fourth town celebrations took place on July 3rd. I don't know why. I think all town celebrations should have taken place today.

Thursday night, July 1st, was the monthly meeting of the Shenandoah Valley Watercolor Society, of which I'm a member. I didn't have any new watercolors to submit for critique, but several other members did. I always find the critique sessions helpful, even if it's not my work being critiqued. I hope to submit work to be reviewed for signature status in August.

I'm hoping to have new work available to enter in this year's Rockingham County Fair art competition in August too. I also plan to enter photos in the photo competition there. There's no big prize money involved. It's just fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment